Friday, July 07, 2006

Hot Friday

But a fun run nonetheless. I rather like running in the heat, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't affect me too much. I had good energy from start to finish, and my hydration levels were good.

But it was quiet out there tonight, with just a few commuters on bikes and the odd runner. Closer to downtown there were a few people out walking, but nothing like I've seen when the weather is this nice. The reason is probably because it's the first day of Stampede.

I wanted to do one more decent bit of a distance run before race day on Sunday. I was going to run last night, but ended up walking Tru's dogs instead, and getting caught in a downpour. So I headed down to the river, then off to Crowchild and back. Used the new shoes too, and they still feel OK, but I think I'll stick to the Saucony's for anything over 10 km.

Today's run:
Distance: 10.058 km. Time: 56:54. Average speed: 10.6 kph.

Weather: Sunny and 25C, although the sign in front of the CBC building said it was 28C. The breeze was just enough, and the shade was cooler. Very nice evening.

2 comments:

Shane said...

Hey Kelly. Good luck on Sunday in your race. Can't wait to see how you do. Burn it up!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the run on Sunday, Kel! Like Shane said, can't wait to see the results. Looks like it will be another warm day, so that should make you happy!

Nony