Friday, September 30, 2005

Another Friday Off

I love taking Fridays off. I like the short week, and I like sitting in a coffee shop with my newspaper, and watching all those people running in, grabbing a coffee, listening to the barista chanting out the products - "one-shot, low-fat latte, with extra foam..." - and just taking in the world. If you get a table by the window, you can enjoy the sunrise as it lights up the room and warms you.

Nice thing about runs on days off is, you can go any time of the day. I still prefer the afternoon, but I can get out earlier than usual. I did my 10 km route today, along the river, bracketed by 14th and Centre Streets. The city seemed busy this afternoon, with lots of people and traffic. Perhaps it's because the summer is over and we're all back to work. The pace might be a little wearing, but the energy is there, and it carries and sustains even as it grinds.

Today's run:
Distance: 9.12 km. Time: 50:14. Average speed: 10.9 kph.
Rest distance: 941.3 m. Rest time: 5:00.
Total distance: 10.07 km. Total time: 55:14

Weather: Cloudy and 12C. It started out feeling cool, actually. Probably because it was cloudy with a slight breeze. But really it was perfect running weather.

No comments: