Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nooner!

Boy, does that feel good! Finally getting out and running at noon with the rest of the downtown crowd is something I've been looking forward to for months. I've missed being on the paths with so many people.

I was out a little early, actually. I couldn't wait to get out and going. It's such a gorgeous day, warm enough, and even a little hot for running. I did the 10 km loop to Crowchild and back.

It's interesting, but I think sometimes I'm on automatic when I'm out there. I've been running that loop clockwise for weeks, and today I recognized that, and ran the other way, staying on the north side of the river to start. Not that it makes a difference, except that the scenery looks different from the other side.

Outside of that, it was just all the people out there. I barely remember anything else about the run. I was too busy noticing things to notice things.

WaveRunner tagged me about medals, and I've given it a little thought.

I have only six - three from marathons, three from half marathons. There is a story behind each, but the story comes to me when I'm out running, when I find myself in a place or situation or with a feeling that I experienced in those races. The medals really don't bring much out.

I haven't even found a place to put them. They currently are in a ribbon-tangled pile on a shelf in my living room. Someday, I'll get them out where they can be seen.

Distance: 10.22 km. Time: 56:53
Average speed: 5:33 min/km (10.8 kph).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Sunny and 18C.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your medals! It's surprising the number of people who run over their lunch hour! I use to be one of them!