Sunday, July 27, 2008

Too Much Slacking

I haven't run for over a week, and it shows. I went for a 10 km to Crowchild, and it felt longer. Now, I'm just tired.

But a beautiful day for it. The Folk Festival is going full swing on Prince's Island, and as usual, the temporary fences create a corridor for those of us just passing through.

Lots of people coming and going, and walking along the promenade. At the far end of Prince's Island, beside the promenade is the huge volunteer tent, and several with the orange-yellow crossed vests with signs to direct traffic going to and from the main stage.

Past that, it got quiet, although there were still lots of people out. Crossing under Crowchild, I noticed how much cooler it is under that bridge, out of the sun and over the water. I also noticed how much the foot bridge moves. It definitely bounces a little, since my footfalls were smoothly changing from light to slappy-hard. It wasn't a big difference; I notice it a lot more on the suspension bridge to Prince's Island, but it definitely was oscillating.

About that time I developed a sinus headache that is currently pretty throbby. Perhaps we have some more thunderstorms coming? Anyway, it was pretty straightforward coming home. And now I think I need to lay down and see if this headache will go away.

Distance: 10.26 km. Time: 58:10
Average speed: 5:39 min/km (11.2 kph).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Sunny and 20C.

No comments: