Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Cranky Knees

I was out on the road almost as soon as I got home, thanks to the need to work off the daily stress quota. It was almost a hobble for the first few hundred metres, until I loosened up a little. But once I was warmed up, all was good.

I wasn't out for speed tonight, just trying to keep loose after pushing hard on Sunday. I hadn't really felt any problems in the knees then, except in the last couple of kilometres when they got a little achy. Nothing to worry about as I've felt that before.

And tonight, that ache was there, very mild and once I was running a little, I stopped noticing. But after crossing the 14th Street bridge, I started down the ramp to the trail along the river. The first step was a little heavy and my left knee complained immediately. I walked down to level ground, actually limping a little.

On the level path I started slow again, and after a few paces it worked out again. At 10th Street, on the downslope of the path underneath I shortened my stride to a shuffle, and that worked fine. I did the same coming off the pedestrian bridge by the curling club.

Other than that, a good run, with only a feeling of being too used up from Sunday for any agressiveness.

Distance: 7.14 km. Time: 40:53
Average speed: 5:43 min/km (10.5 kph).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Cloudy and 20C.

No comments: