Tuesday, July 15, 2008

WooHoo!

Just because!

When I started my run tonight, I thought that maybe I'd call this entry "Good Knee, Bad Knee", but I think the knee theme has gone on enough. The right one still feels a little weak, though.

And stiff at the start! I was almost feeling old or something. By the time I got to Cresent Road I was good. Going down The Path, though, I felt that.

Anyway, once on the flat I just relaxed into it. My pace was close to optimum, a nice pittery-pattery cadence. And I seemed to be passing everyone, not that I was trying exactly. But, ya know, when ya get into that zone, ya gotta pass everything. I even passed a bicycle (yes, it was so moving!)

On the way back, along Memorial, I could really feel my breathing, but it was good. I hit The Path really aggressively and was at the top before I knew it. It broke my breathing rhythm, but only just near the top, and I kept the pace up all the way home.

Distance: 7.37 km. Time: 36:04
Average speed: 4:53 min/km (12.3 kph).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Mostly cloudy and 15C.

No comments: