Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Moment of Even More Significance

Details to follow in 14 days.

I got hung up at work tonight, an hour late getting home. Not surprisingly, the traffic was still thick, but different. Bleah.

As soon as I was in the door, I was stipping down to change into running clothes. I think it was about five minutes between coming in the back door and heading out the front.

It was not a great start. After yesterday's cross training, the legs were not exactly loose. But by the time I was at the bottom of The Path Under The Stairs, I felt very good, and after crossing the Jaipur Bridge, I was at cruising speed.

Given all that, I figured one more hard, fast run before Sunday was in order. What the heck; I was already pushing hard. I took it all the way to Crowchild and across to the path along Memorial.

It seemed to take no time at all to cover the ground back to the foot bridge, and I was ready to be aggressive on The Path. Aggressive, yes, but hardly fast. Still, I climbed the bluff faster than usual.

At the top, I tried to regain the pace I'd had below, and probably surpassed it, running hard to my finish point. I love the feeling of finishing a hard run!

Distance: 9.95 km. Time: 53:23
Average speed: 5:21 min/km (11.2 kph).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Cloudy and 20C.

No comments: