Sunday, July 20, 2008

Early Summer Morning

To bed early, and then I wake up at the usual time. So I actually slept more than usual, sort of, I think.

It left me feeling ready to get up and go, so I did. It was cool and a little breezy, but the sun was up. At the bluff, some of the downtown buildings were in the sun, and there were various points of fire to the west, from windows reflecting the sunrise. In the distance the mountains were a purple grey, almost like they were still in shadow.

Down the hill and across the bridge to Prince's Island. A couple of early walkers were out, as were a couple of homeless types rummaging for empties.

I must have zoned out pretty much for the entire run, not really remembering much about it, and I have no recollection of what I was thinking either. I barely remember crossing the 14th Street bridge.

On the path along Memorial, there was some light traffic, no people, except for one runner near the Prince's Island bridge. Someone was also doing hill work on The Path, and otherwise that was it.

But the morning was lovely, and the run was actually pretty fast, for all of the effortlessness I felt in it.

Distance: 7.57 km. Time: 40:27
Average speed: 5:20 min/km (11.2 kph).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Mostly cloudy and 15C.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Love those effortless, pass quickly runs! Lots of folks were out and about a little later!

Check out my post "Meaning of Medals". I tagged you to find out what your thoughts are!