Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gettin' Outa Town!

Gonna be on the road tomorrow; gonna hang with the Loganateur! Woohoo!

So I got a quick run in tonight, after I got laundry going and stuff. Well, not quick. I went 10 km, to Crowchild. Well, sorta quick. I tried to throttle back a little again, cuz I seem to have a speed thing going. I like going faster, but I want to be able to make it home again too.

Such a lovely day, perfect summer day. Except it's still not summer until Saturday. No rain. That's a good thing, since we had a month or so of nothing but.

There were lots of bikes to dodge, lots of runners and skaters out. Even a little traffic jam at the end of the Crowchild bridge. Lots of people at the bottom of The Stairs, too. In fact a big group seemed to decide it was too long to wait for their turn to climb them, and ran off toward downtown. It's an awfully busy corner.

The Path Under The Stairs was like nothing, well, sorta. I was breathing pretty hard at the top, and probably slowed down some (OK, OK, a lot). The path on top of the bluff was just fun.

And then I was home.

Distance: 10.18 km. Time: 55:30
Average speed: 11.0 kph (5:27 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Mostly cloudy and 20C.

No comments: