Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Something Different

Enough running alone. I headed down to the Eau Claire Running Room to try a group run. Still seems a little odd in that everyone goes their own way. It seems kind of counter-intuitive to get into a running group to run alone.

Anyway, a one mile run to the place, and then pick a group to run with. I thought I'd try the 10 km group. The route chosen was was the short zoo loop, which I haven't run for over a year - too many crack heads.

But there were not too many people hanging out along the path so it felt relatively safe. A lot of in-line skates went by. I talked to one person for awhile, until we got to the bridge from the zoo parking lot over to Memorial. At that point there seemed to be some confusion about which way to go.

We eventually got sorted out, heading over to Memorial. I followed another guy for awhile, and eventually struck up a conversation. At the suspension bridge to Prince's Island, we climbed the stairs and crossed, catching up to the group, and a couple of others, by the brass propeller.

And after a bit of stretching and stuff, I picked it up and headed back home.

Today's run
Distance: 9.17 km. Time: 50:10.
Average speed: 11.0 kph (5:35 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Mostly cloudy and 19C.

No comments: