Thursday, May 08, 2008

Must Be a Runner...

...to be running in this weather. Surprisingly, there are a lot of us.

When I got home from work, the rain was coming down pretty steadily, so I figured I would probably get a little damp on a run. But I changed into my running gear, and then my daughter called, and after all that, the rain had stopped.

I splish-splashed along the bluff and down The Path, which looked deserted. I passed a couple of runners on Prince's Island, and a couple more on the promenade. I continued to meet runners all along the path to 14th Street, and across, and on the way back.

Not too many cyclists, though.

At The Stairs, the bootcampers were back, though not too many. A hard push up the hill and then it was a skip along the red shale path on top of the bluff, dodging puddles and stuff.

Today's run
Distance: 7.16 km. Time: 39:55.
Average speed: 10.8 kph (5:35 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Light rainshower and 1C.

No comments: