Friday, May 16, 2008

Hot Run

We're finally getting hot weather, and wouldn't you know it, I feel bloody awful. I don't know what has hit me, but I've had a splitting headache since mid-morning, which finally went away a couple of hours ago.

I thought maybe a run would be the thing to sweat it out, so out I go. And sweat, I did!

By the time I got to the foot bridge to Prince's Island, I was feeling the heat, and feeling slow, to boot. I felt like I was just barely plodding on the promenade.

At 14th Street, on the bridge, I was definitely dragging, and it only got tougher once I got to the other side. I seem to have the ability to keep going no matter what, and today was no different, but I sure thought about it.

By the time I got to the ramp up to the foot bridge again, I felt drained, and The Path Under The Stairs was one of those ordeals that never seem to end, but at the end you remember nothing about it other than it was long and hard.

I've been running along the bluff to 4th Street and then backtracking once I get to my street, but today I opted for the shortest way home, up 2nd street, which cut maybe 200 metres off the run.

Now it feels like I'll never stop sweating, or ever be able to move much. Not sore or anything, just drained. I really don't believe what the GPS is saying as far as speed, but it holds up to experience.

Today's run
Distance: 7.02 km. Time: 39:21.
Average speed: 10.7 kph (5:36 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Sunny and 27C.

No comments: