Saturday, December 01, 2007

Winter is Here!

And according to Environment Canada it's going to stay for awhile. They are predicting the coldest winter in fifteen years, or something like that. But then their track record for long term forecasts ain't that great.

It was a chilly start, and I wondered (as I usually do) if I was dressed warm enough. There was a light wind from the north, and I felt it as I ran eastward and westward at the beginning. And once I got moving and breathing heavily, the cold was hard on the teeth.

By the time I got a half a kilometre down Memorial, I was feeling pretty warm, and by 14th Street, I was sweating. There was a light snow falling, and I met a few people out running. I missed the Jingle Bell Run crowd. By the time I got out, they were done, and volunteers were picking up pylons

The GPS ran out of juice again. I'm gonna hafta start remembering to plug it into the charger more often. I'll go with 7.0 km over 40 minutes.

Distance: 7.00 km. Time: 40:00. Average speed: 10.5 kph (5:71
min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Ligth snow and -17C

No comments: