Thursday, December 13, 2007

OK, This Time It Was a Hard Run

All kinds of energy tonight. I don't know where that came from, but I felt really good out there. Just ready to move tonight.

Out into the cold, and yes, it was cooler than I thought. Not as windy as it was the other day, but what breeze there was, was a little biting. I was a little chilled until the turn around at 14th Street, and then I got to run with the wind.

Something I read awhile ago suggests that ten second sprints on hills helps to develop speed, so I've been doing that on The Path Under The Stairs. At the end of the ten seconds tonight, I'd caught up to a cyclist and passed him. Even after slowing down again, he didn't catch me. I heard him shift down and lean into it, but I stayed ahead. It likely doesn't prove much, but at the time, it felt pretty good.

I've always enjoyed running, but sometimes a run will almost transcend fun. I love it!

Distance: 7.04 km. Time: 36:35. Average speed: 11.5 kph (5:13 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Mainly clear and -2C.

No comments: