Saturday, December 15, 2007

Another Good Day

Went across the river for a little Christmas gift hunting, and on the way back met my neighbour who was out for a run. Seemed like a good idea, so I changed and headed back out as soon as I got home.

A windy, sunny day, and mid-afternoon, so not too many runners were around. It was easy to trundle down The Path, and onto the river bank. Lots of ice on the river, and upstream from Prince's Island, there isn't much open water. The path under 10th Street has been closed since Thanksgiving, and now it's under half a metre of water. Or rather, ice.

Crossing at the crosswalk, my timing is great, so I didn't even slow down. Up and across at 14th Street, and back along the promenade. Great chucks of ice are all over the river between 14th and 10th. It looks all very static and beautiful.

I felt a little slower tonight, but probably wasn't. I tackled The Path and even got in a fairly agressive ten second sprint. At the top, I felt jumpy and wasn't slowing. Again, not as fast as last time, but fast enough, and lots of energy.

Distance: 7.16 km. Time: 39:28. Average speed: 10.9 kph (5:30 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 3C.

No comments: