Sunday, September 16, 2007

How About a Long One?

I felt great today, even after yesterday's adventure, so I thought, why not do my Sunday distance run? Everything is feeling really good, stable and strong.

I've not done a Sunday run for awhile, so scheduling was an issue. I had for a big breakfast and an early lunch to settle, so it was later in the afternoon by the time I got out.

Fall colours are coming out everywhere, yet the sun and warmth were very summer like. Hot and sweaty, but not overly so. Definitely out of my favourite running temperature range.

I took it slow, and headed off to Edworthy. I wasn't aiming for good speed, just getting around the loop. Lots of people were out on the paths so it was a pretty social run, too. The run was hot, butcrossing to the south side at Edworthy and getting under the forest below Wildwood and Spruce Cliff was surprisingly cool.

Another thing that's changed from a couple of months ago, is that the crowd of rafters on the river move much slower than I run. Earlier this summer, with high water levels, they moved along at a good clip.

Beautiful day, good run. Lovely to be back into it.

Today's run:
Distance: 15.92 km. Time: 1:36:56. Average speed: 9.9 kph. (6:04 min/km)
Rest distance: 1.20 km. Rest time: 11:00.
Total distance: 17.12 km. Total time: 1:47:56.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Sunny and 24C.

No comments: