Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Bugs!

Just about as soon as I got out the door, one of the little jiggers flew into my right eye. There's clouds of 'em all over the neighbourhood. I wore my white sleeveless, and every few minutes I would pull at it and let it snap back against my chest to shake them loose.

I ran the 10 km Crowchild loop tonight, feeling quite up to it, even after my latest adventure, and the critter didn't wash out until I was practically to 14th Street on the return leg. All the while, this black blob wandered about, obscuring various parts of my field of vision. Sheesh.

Good strong run, though. While I still feel a little achy in the knees, it seemed to have no effect on my running. I actually got a little agressive on The Path Under The Stairs.

Distance: 10.03 km. Time: 56:44. Average speed: 10.6 kph (5:40 min/km).

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 22C

No comments: