Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wind Chimes

Tonight's run was a repeat of yesterday's, with the same route, same energy, same fun, at the same time of day. I was startled to see the time on the CBC clock when I went by was 4:26 again.

I wore gloves this time, as it was also the same temperature, but the wind wasn't there. I actually felt a little over-dressed, but not by much. And there were a very few more runners out and a lot less cyclists.

I mentioned some time ago about the home-made wind chimes that hang from a tree branch on the river side of the path along Pumphouse Road. It's made from four lengths of rebar hanging from a piece of scrap sheet metal. Some months ago, I found a second one near a group of benches on the other side of the path. Today, as I came around the corner, I noticed that the one I originally saw was the last in a series of four, hanging from a line of trees along the edge of the river bank. I imagine they rarely make a sound, since the rebar is pretty heavy, and not easily pushed around by anything less than hurricane force winds. Perhaps on windy summer days when the trees are full of leaves?

A strong run all the way around, and lots of go left for The Path Under The Stairs. I still feel ready to go.

Distance: 9.85 km. Time: 54:28 Average speed: 10.9 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow).

Weather: Clear and 5C, but the CBC sign said -2C.

No comments: