Friday, December 29, 2006

Not an Easy One

All that energy that my runs have had since June deserted me today. I felt tired and stiff, no energy, no flexibility. It's probably because I had an early lunch, and was planning on heading out for errands, with a run scheduled for after. But I lost my ambition for it somewhere, and finally got fed up with vegging and just headed out.

The 14th Street loop was about all I was up for. I just missed the lunch break, so the path was nearly deserted. A couple of runners and walkers, and one of those rotating snow brush things that bounced off across the 10th Street bridge.

Even The Path Under The Stairs was tense. Going down, it felt like my shoes were sticking, and the legs felt stiff. Coming back up, it was just hard, slow plodding to the top. Sheesh!

Distance: 7.03 km. Time: 40:09 Average speed: 10.5kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow).

Weather: Mainly sunny and -7C at the airport. In one of those indications of how big this town is, wx.ca says -1C at the COP, and a couple degrees warmer than that on top of Signal Hill.

No comments: