Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Jeekers, That Wind is Cold!

It looked like a nice enough day, and it was pretty nice this morning when I was out and about. But dressed lightly for running, and the wind seemed to go right through everything. Since it was out of the south east, I did the short zoo loop.

The river is up now. Yesterday on the 14th Street loop, I had to cross the street at the 10th Street bridge, since the path under it is under a couple of feet of ice. Today the path under Centre Street on the north side was closed, too. I couldn't tell if it was under water yet, but it was close. I imagine that warmer weather we had a few days ago did some heavy melting in the foothills. The next couple of days are likely to melt a lot more out there, so high water levels will continue, I imagine. But the ice should disappear.

On the way back it was much better with the wind behind me. I was a little low on energy the whole run, but it was good, nonetheless.

Today's run:
Distance: 8.39 km. Time: 46:56. Average speed: 10.7 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow).

Weather: Sunny and -4C with a brisk 25 kph south wind.

No comments: