Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing Day Run

Just a quick 10K in the early afternoon. I was a little sluggish, too, probably since I headed out not too long after having lunch. But I imagine the last three days of non-stop eating haven't helped either. I think I've built up a rather substantial calorie surplus.

Way too nice to stay inside today, so I headed off on the usual Crowchild loop. I was kind of plodding along all the way.

Some runners do capture your interest. On young lady chose a dog for a running companion - a Chihauhau that seemed to be running flat out to keep up with it's owner. And while not a runner, another lady stopped by the side of the path with her stroller, and lifted a Scottie out of it. I think it may have been rather elderly by the way it moved.

Not too many out, but I may have missed the crowds. Or they're torturing themselves in the malls.

Distance: 10.13 km. Time: 54:40 Average speed: 11.1 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow).

Weather: Mainly sunny and 5C.

No comments: