Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My 400th Post

I've been doing this since October 24, 2004 - twenty six months, almost. I'm still having fun doing it, too.

Tonight, I ran to Crowchild, since I haven't run that loop for ages. It was a little colder than I thought, and I was wishing I would have worn my gloves. It was much warmer earlier in the day, but events kept me from getting out until late afternoon. Just in time to watch the sunset.

It was fairly quiet on the outbound leg. I only passed half a dozen runners and a couple of guys on bikes and a couple more walking. I finally noticed the new time and temperature sign at the CBC building on Memorial. It's been up for a couple of weeks and they keep mentioning it, but for some reason I've been missing it.

The traffic was much heavier on the south side of the river, as I headed back toward downtown. Lots of cyclists tearing along the path, but still not too many runners.

It was a good run, lots of energy and decent speed, too. Except for my right hand getting cold, I felt great.

Distance: 10.09 km. Time: 53:31 Average speed: 11.3 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow).

Weather: Clear and 0C. It was up around 8C a couple of hours before.

No comments: