Tuesday, March 02, 2010

That's Much Better

I had none of the cramping that I felt on Sunday morning. I don't know what that was about. I don't think I did anything different as far as stretching beforehand. Maybe the brisk walk home from work warmed things up.

It's still being gorgeously spring-like out there. The sun is still up even though it's after work, and most of the paths are dry pavement. There are a few wet spots here and there, and a couple of notably large ponds along Memorial Drive.

I may have been all right muscle-wise this evening, but breathing was different. It felt a little laboured. I dunno, am I complaining too much? Not a concern, but there always seems to be something lately. Couldn't be age, of course - heck no!

I ran up The Stairs instead of taking The Path Under Them. I haven't done that for awhile, and I've been thinking I should do that once a week or so, to use some different muscles, and challenge myself in a different way. Definitely laboured breathing after that, whoo!

The top of the bluff is nearly slush free, but is now a continuous set of ponds. The grass along the sides is soft and it's easy to pick up mud. I ran the street for a bit, then the sidewalk.

It didn't feel like all that fast a run, but it was good.

Oh hey, check out the countdown thingers on the side. Always wanted to put those silly things in there...

Tuesday's run:
Distance: 9.70 Time: 56:57
Average speed: 5:52 min/km. (10.22 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue).
Today's earworm: A happier L n K.
Weather: Cloudy and 0C.

1 comment:

Revrunner said...

Spring? Did you say spring? Awesome!

By the way, it's snowing again here in Virginia tonight. . . Crazy!