Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Went Sproing

It's gorgeous out, very spring like and lovely for running. Another late meeting at work, so I was out a little later that usual. I was still in the middle of the crowd, sort of. The Stairs were crowded by the various boot campers, and the crossing to Prince's Island was busy. I dodged down the ramp to the path along Memorial.

All the paths are dry now, and there's very little snow left. Still lots of ice on the river, but it's piled on islands, great metre thick chunks lodged among buses, or caught up in low water.

Good run! I pushed hard all the way, stretching a bit with each step. It makes a huge difference in how fast I cover the distance. And it still feels great.

Cyclists are thick on the south side of the river, and some aren't too careful when passing. Some of the narrower stretches are a little too crowded for that. And there are lots of people out on the promenade when it's nice like this.

I stretched a little all the way around, and on The Path, I launched myself up the slope. Not quite so fast, but I pushed it. My average pace didn't come down much at all for that.

Along the top of the bluff, it got crowded, and I slowed down behind a foursome for a hundred metres or so before the break in the guard rail at 4th Street. Made it up in the last 300 metres though.

Today's run:
Distance: 10.11 Time: 55:09
Average speed: 5:27 min/km. (11.00 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue).
Today's earworm: Something by Sinatra that slips my mind now, L n K.
Weather: Partly cloudy and 10C.

1 comment:

Amogharatna said...

Glad to see spring is happening over there too. Nice to read about your running.