Friday, March 12, 2010

Where Was I...?

Ever have one of those moments, where you seem to be running on auto? I was out there running, and I remember some moments. The wind, the ice on the river, bits and pieces of it. Mostly I was zoned out, don't know where I was.

It was a good run, I think. Never felt much in the way of aches, seemed to have a good pace. I ran along the river, lots of ice still out there, crossed the footbridge under Crowchild. There was a little bit of congestion at Eau Claire and on the foot bridge near the curling club.

wow.

I was fully aware of The Path. I stretched and pushed hard once I got on it, pushed hard all the way up. I think that's the fastest I've climbed The Path in a couple of years.

It was on the trail along the top of the bluff that I sort of woke up. Very strange, but I know I sometimes focus inward pretty strongly.

It was still good. At the end I felt like I'd been working at it.

Tuesday's run:
Distance: 10.10 Time: 58:25
Average speed: 5:47 min/km. (10.37 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue).
Today's earworm: Just L n K.
Weather: Sunny and 12C.

1 comment:

Revrunner said...

Sounds like you've reached running Nirvana. :-)