Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Snow, Please Go!

A lot of what dumped on us Sunday morning has been moved, but it's still laying around being white and cold. Some places are tricky to walk on, especially on roads, where the slush got packed down.

The breeze has a bite to it tonight, too, out of the east, meaning I was running into it on the last half of the run.

The Path Under The Stairs was clear all the way, with no ice from meltwater running across it like it usually gets. I imagine that will happen in a few days when it begins to warm up.

The foot bridge wasn't bad either, for the same reasons. I took it first tonight, across the island and down the promenade. Pretty quiet, but by the time I got there I was warmed enough not to notice the cold.

All the paths are clear. I think with the minimal sun that we had yesterday, it melted what wasn't scrapped away, and the wind dried it up.

I took the stairs to the top this time, felt every one, though I kept a running pace. Mostly I run out of wind, and it was the same today.

I took to the street instead of trying to navigate the edge of the bluff. It's probably not bad, but it'll be icy in a day or two.

Distance: 6.70 Time: 38:28
Average speed: 5:44 min/km (10.45 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.
Today's earworm: L n K.

Weather: Cloudy and -2C.

No comments: