Sunday, November 30, 2008

November is Just About Over

The last long run of November, and not the best run, but pretty good just the same. For fun, I added a little distance, starting out by running over the Centre Street bridge. I think that adds about 400 metres to the usual route over the foot bridge to Prince's Island.

Hokey smokes, what a chilly start! For the first twenty minutes, I wasn't freezing, exactly. And yet I still felt over dressed. Turned out the extra t-shirt was just a little much toward the end.

This run was pretty typical, as far as timing and pace. And yet it felt tougher than usual. I ran three intervals with a minute in the middle at a really hard pace. It makes a huge difference in distance covered, and overall average pace.

I did this easily, yet, it felt hard. I had to push pretty hard to keep it up. Interesting. I got to The Stairs, and it was a slog, me pushing against my knees to rise up each step. At the top, it was a gasping stagger for a hundred metres or so, but I did finish strong.

And as ever, at the end, it felt pretty good.

Distance: 16.43 Time: 1:31:49
Average speed: 5:35 min/km. (10.72 kph)
Rest distance: 1.03 km. Rest time: 10:00.
Total distance: 17.46 km. Total time: 1:41:49.

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.
Today's earworm: Imagine by John Lennon.

Weather: Sunny and -4C at the start, 2C at the end.

No comments: