Sunday, June 03, 2007

Wussed Out on a Long One

I really did think about getting out for 25 km or so this morning, but after yesterday's adventure, I didn't feel like I would have enough gas. I even considered not going out at all, but not too much into the morning, I felt the need.

I was out the door and down the street, then wondered what The Path Under The Stairs would be like after yesterday's long descent. Not bad at all, as it turned out. Of course, the longer I ran, the better things felt, but I never know if that's a good thing or not.

I kept to the north side of the river, and ran to Crowchild. Along Memorial was a station set up for the MS Super Cities Walk, lots of snacks and water bottles. Some of the first walkers were just arriving as I passed.

The paths weren't busy, but lots of runners were out, as well as the odd blade and bicycle. One thing I noticed was how most people were in a good mood. Most returned my good-mornings with more than a startled mumble.

As I got to the promenade under the C-Train bridge at 10th Street, traffic suddenly jumped, due to the walkers. Something was going on on Prince's Island, too, so lots of people out there. Climbing The Path was a little challenging (glad I kept it to a shorter run), and then I was headed home.

Distance: 10.05 km. Time: 58:08. Average speed: 10.4 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Sunny and 18C.

The Calgary Marathon is still in 34 days.

No comments: