Thursday, June 07, 2007

An Old Problem

I kept it short today. For some reason, I've been feeling the hip flexors again. After that last long run, I was pretty sore, and I think because of that, I've been a little off kilter in my running. Hence the soreness in my knees (which, I'll concede, could be from that long descent from Heart Mountain last Saturday.)

So, just down to the 14th Street bridge, and back along the promenade. After heavy run-off from the mountains, and the wicked rain storm we had a couple of days ago, the river is awfully high, and running fast. I found that debris was floating by me even as I was running in the same direction as the current.

The path under 10th Street is half under water on the north side. I'm surprised they haven't closed it off. The north side of Prince's Island, which is not sheltered by the berm, is underwater as well. Shades of the floods of '05 but without the rain.

Distance: 7.06 km. Time: 38:10. Average speed: 11.1 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Mostly cloudy and 14C.

The Calgary Marathon is still in 30 days.

No comments: