Friday, June 08, 2007

A Big Dirty Cloud

To use the terminology of my grandmother. The skies look threatening, but the sun still shines through. I think between the cloud, and the fact that it's Friday, the less dedicated to walking and running are elsewhere. But still lots of people out.

The river is so high right now. The path under 10th Street is still partly under water, but it seems to be about the same as yesterday. The river is grey-brown and full of debris.

I did the 14th Street loop again. My hip is still sore, but it didn't seem so bad today. There's more of a stiffness to it, and that probably contributed to the feeling that my core strength had disolved. I felt like I was swinging my shoulders more than usual; it may have been due to that stiffness.

Great run, all the same.

Distance: 7.12 km. Time: 39:21. Average speed: 10.9 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 16C.

The Calgary Marathon is still in 29 days.

No comments: