Sunday, June 04, 2006

Another Tentative Run

I've been fighting a cold for a week or so, and since it mostly seems to be past, I thought I'd try a short one. Initially my chest felt a little heavy but after awhile I was breathing OK. And I kept my speed down; no sense going hard just to collapse into a coughing fit or something.

I was just going to go as far as the C-Train bridge, but the Enerflex Super Cities WALK for MS was underway and the bridge and paths to the east were packed. I opted to avoid the traffic and kept on going to 14th Street. And I was feeling fine by then.

There was a bit of air traffic as well. Two of the military's Griffon helicopters settled into the helipad by the promenade for a few minutes. I missed seeing them land because I was west of 10th Street by then. But they were sitting on the pad when I went by, with crew members of one on the ground. Crossing the suspension bridge at Prince's Island, a third Griffon circled in, and by the time I was half way up The Path Under The Stairs, all three were in the air and heading slowly to the west. Neat.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.82 km. Time: 41:39. Average speed: 9.8 kph.

Weather: Cloudy and 15C, although it seemed a lot warmer.

No comments: