Saturday, May 27, 2006

Wet Saturday Run

A little chilly out there this morning, and a little wet. By the time I got my running gear on and got out the door, the rain had stopped. And what is with this GPS? It takes fifteen minutes to find satellites under a clear blue sky, but today, with the heavy overcast, it was locked on and ready by the time I got to the street. Maddening.

I decided that it's time to get back into some serious running. After my run with Tru, I mostly felt good, and now, after today's run, everything is great. I certainly know where the sore spots were, but right now there's no pain, just a little warmth on the hip and in the ankle, where the worst of it was after I crossed the finish line in Vancouver.

So: down to the river, across to the promenade, and all the way down to Crowchild. Across there, back to the C-Train bridge to go back to the promenade, then down to the Centre Street bridge. At the top of that, I rather aggressively tackled Nony's Awful Little Hill, and boy, did that feel good! From there I continued to push hard, not quite sprinting to home.

Today's run:
Distance: 10.24 km. Time: 55:04. Average speed: 11.2 kph.
Rest distance: 607.3 m. Rest time: 6:00
Total distance: 10.85 km. Total time: 1:01:04

Weather: Light rain and 6C, but the rain stopped just as I was starting out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say you tackled that whole run pretty aggressively, from the looks of your speed on that run.

Nony (aka just call me Squeaky)