Saturday, May 20, 2006

Second Post-Marathon Run

Took a little time to get things worked out - lots of aches and twinges and stuff. By the time I got to the top of The Path Under The Stairs, I was mostly loosened up. And as a bonus, there were two weddings being photographed at the top of The Stairs. Four limos take up a lot of parking space.

This was another short one to 14th Street and back. It's pretty quiet out there once I got past the weddings. I imagine a lot of people are out of town for the long weekend. I found myself taking it sort of slow, and really, that speed was about all I had. Toward the end I was able to push a little harder, but I'm not looking for any PRs right now.

I've been doing some rollerblading. Kate got me out last weekend, and it felt so good, I've been out a couple more times. We'll probably go again this weekend, too. But it's nice to be able to exert myself a little without trying to use what was used up in the marathon.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.65 km. Time: 39:17. Average speed: 10.2 kph.

Weather: Cloudy and 20C, with a sever thunderstorm watch.

No comments: