Sunday, May 14, 2006

Tentative Trundle

This morning Tru suggested we meet up for a run, but we weren't able to make it work. Her schedule is slightly insane for the next three weeks at least, but I stay hopeful.

Anyway, it's been a week since the marathon, so I thought it was about time to see what still worked, and what hurt and where. From my place down to the river, west to 14th Street and back. I wasn't breaking any speed records, but after the first mile everything felt quite well. Some aches in the hips and calves, and the right Achilles was tight, but a after a little time I almost felt normal. The only persistent issue as a general feeling of being depleted.

A great sunny day though, and lots of people out and about. I might try my blades this evening. Kate and I gave it a shot yesterday, and they felt wonderful.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.06 km. Time: 43:28. Average speed: 9.7 kph.

Weather: Sunny and 15C, and warming up more as the day goes on.

No comments: