Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Stormy Weather

Lots of storm clouds in the sky, and it's actually rather dramatic looking. Also a little windy, but it's warm out and there are lots of people out on the paths along the river.

This was another run to 14th Street and back, via the Centre Street bridge. That's still about all I'm up to for now, but it feels pretty good, nevertheless. The right hip is still tight, and I need lots of stretching to get it going. Once I'm running it's all right, but even now I can feel it tightening up again.

I have decent speed, too, which I didn't think would be possible. I seem to recall my last experience as being rather slow for a couple of months. But then my recovery has been much, much easier this time.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.88 km. Time: 38:59. Average speed: 10.6 kph.

Weather: Cloudy and 21C, with some gusty winds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... you are in that much better shape, my friend... one marathon a year should do it.

I am really sad and kind of jealous that I can't get out and run yet. Can't shake this cough, and will my voice ever come back? My brother-in-law says I sound like a Muppet... Cookie Monster or something...

Nony