Monday, May 22, 2006

Holiday Monday Run

Second try at posting this, cuz something went wonky.

Anyway, I got out for a run, just another short one to 14th Street and back. On the return, I took the Centre Street bridge, as it adds about 1.3 km to the westward loops that I run. And Nony's Awful Little Hill is a lot easier to tackle than The Hill Under The Stairs.

It was a beautiful morning for a run, and I think I'm pretty much over the effects of the Vancouver marathon. I still have some tightness in the right hip, but that comes out nicely if I do a few lunges. I really have had a much better recovery this year, compared to last year, where the effects lasted well into the fall.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.82 km. Time: 37:22. Average speed: 11.0 kph.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 19C. Very nice.

On another note, my friend Byron ran the Woody's RV Marathon in Red Deer yesterday, with a time around 4:53. No official times have been posted yet. He ran in memory of our friend, Judy Zaback, who passed away last November. We all miss you, Judy, and we know you were with us yesterday.

This just in... Byron's official time was 4:55:45, and you can find that here

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Forgive me for this late comment/question, but I just found this post via Google.

You mention Judy Zaback, who passed away. It was her name that I was googling.

I was hoping to get in touch with someone I had known by that name in the 90's in Calgary, but I thought perhaps she had begun to go by "Judith Churchill" after marrying Gary Churchill a few years ago. So I don't know if this is the same person. If it is -- then of course I'm very distressed to hear about her.

If the person you commemorate in your post is the same person I was looking for, would you be willing to email me and tell me what happened to her? Or, in fact, to email me even if this isn't the same person, just so I know one way or another? (publicreggie at yahoo dot ca)

Sorry to bother you with this. But it's rather a shock, as you can understand.