Wednesday, June 21, 2006

First Run of Summer

It's been too long since I've been out for a run and I was going a little buggy without it. Almost two weeks, now. So tonight, I stretched everything as much as I could, and I headed out.

Warm, light breeze - a beautiful evening. And what better way to spend some time than on a run. A lot of people were out doing the same, along with all the bicycle commuters and walkers and bladers. With all the people out, the paths felt lively and fun.

Since this was the first run for awhile, I tried to keep the speed down, and just did the 14th Street loop. There was lots of cloud too, but the sun was out for almost the whole run. And I got home, just a little ahead of a big black cloud that was coming in from the west.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.00 km. Time: 41:00. Average speed: 10.3 kph.

Weather: Mostly cloudy and 18, with a severe thunderstorm watch.

No comments: