Saturday, July 16, 2005

Saskatchewan Run

Out visiting my daughter and grandson in Meota, SK. After getting back from a trip to Moose Jaw to visit my sister, I decided to try a run. This would be the first since the Burnco Marathon during the Calgary Stampede.

I did OK. Lots of body parts hurt, but I managed to run 8 km. The legs were certainly tight, and no amount of stretching was helping. I was going to try for 5 km out and back, but I thought that after 4 km, I'd suffered enough. And my speed was way down, too, and I thought I'd try and keep it under an hour.

I headed out to highway 26 and struck out to the northwest, toward Turtleford. It's a busier highway than I expected, and the shoulders were narrower than I liked. But straight and flat, and the once or twice I had to head into the grass wasn't bad, as someone had been cutting the ditch for hay.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.56 km. Time: 46:30. Average speed: 9.8 kph.
Rest distance: 431.6 m. Rest time: 5:00.
Total distance: 7.99 km. Total time: 51:30.

Weather: Cloudy and about 16C. The rain had stopped by the time I got out there, but the sky remained overcast. A little bit of a breeze kept the mosquitoes at bay, too. Forgot how big they grow 'em out there.

Marathon aftermath: the pictures are ready - find them here (enter bib number 352)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite the finish you put on at the end there! Good on ya!

Nony