Sunday, July 03, 2005

Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!

Stupid wildlife. Man, that stings! On the final strectch along 4th Street, about 18th Avenue, this bee or wasp or something comes out of nowhere, and tries to fly down my gullet. But I trapped it between the lips and the little bugger stung me. The left side of my lower lip is almost as big as my nose right now. At least that fierce burning stopped pretty quickly.

Anyway. It was a lovely morning for a run otherwise. Not a cloud in the sky, bright and sunny, and getting a little warm by the end. I didn't go the big distance, since the marathon is a week away, but I was still out there for a couple of hours. Lots of people out too, most running. Both the Kensington and Eau Claire Running Rooms are close to the river and both have large Sunday morning running groups.

My route this morning was down 10th to Memorial, east to the zoo, across the river, west to the C-Train bridge and across the river again, then down to Crowchild, across again, down to Eau Claire and across at Prince's Island. Up The Path Under The Stairs and home along 4th, past the wannabe killer bee. Jeez.

Today's run:
Distance: 20.57 km. Time: 1:57:00. Average speed: 10.5 kph.
Rest distance: 1.19 km. Rest time: 12:54.
Total distance: 21.76 km. Total time: 2:09:54.

Weather: Sunny and 14C to start, climbing to 16C at the end. Beautiful morning.

And the swelling has gone down noticeably while I wrote this.

So that's it for the big runs until I get through next Sunday. For sure, I'll get out with Nony on Wednesday, but it's rest time for the rest of the week.

7 Days until the Burnco Marathon.
6 Days until the Loganator turns one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH! Oh my GAWD I can't imagine how much that would have hurt!

Nony

Anonymous said...

Yeah, maybe just squint and we'll have a popeye picture hee hee hee!
B&L