Friday, July 08, 2005

One Last Bit of Tinkering

Wasn't sure I was going to go out tonight, but I thought, what the heck? And besides, the day was a bit of a bear (one for Nony - Haw!) So I messed with the lacing a bit on my short run shoes, and off I went.

Now the short run shoes are my newest ones, the ones I bought after stuggling to find a better fit, and which was documented right here as it was born out. I would use them for the runs during the week, which never went more than about 12 km. Then I'd use my older ones for the distance runs on the weekends. The idea was to use the new ones for the marathon.

So since I had somehow been overtightening the short run shoes, and causing a little pain in the right foot for it, I changed the lacing a little, to make it harder to overtighten over the arch. And that worked pretty well. But there's something still a little wonky with those shoes. So the plan is to stick with the long run shoes for Sunday.

I don't know, maybe the right foot feels better in those shoes because the right shoe sounds like I'm stomping on a squeaky toy with every step. What ever works...

Today's run:
Distance: 6.24 km. Time: 36:29. Average speed: 10.3 kph.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 26C. Kinda warm, but still a beautiful evening.

2 Days until the Burnco Marathon.
1 Days until the Loganator turns one!

No comments: