Sunday, January 16, 2005

Sunday A'Warmin'

Supposed to finally climb, temperature-wise, above the -10C mark today. It's been a long cold snap, since Christmas Day, and we are due for a break.

Got out this morning into the park, where the path was plowed, but still a lot of packed snow, and not-so-packed snow. Lot's of people out running, walking alone or with dogs. We all want to get out of the house, I think.

This was a forty minute run, and I concentrated on speed.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.12 km. Time: 36.10. Speed: 10.2 kph.
Rest distance: 368.9 m. Rest time: 4:00.
Total distance: 6.49 km. Total time: 40:10.

Weather: Mostly cloudy and -18C, no windchill. I would say it was sunny, but there was a fair amount of heavy cloud along all horizons.

Good, solid, fast run with the new shoes. Even had a Wendy experience - I'm soaking the blood out of my sock right now, from a burst blister. The shoes are officially broken in.

No comments: