Saturday, January 22, 2005

Fighting a Cold

Been living with the onset of a cold now for a couple of days. My throat started feeling scratchy in the morning a couple of days ago, and there's been a heaviness in my chest. Likely got it from Nony, who has been nearly immobilised by it. But it hasn't hit me nearly as hard, as I'm still feeling just as I did when it first started. And my energy levels have been staying fairly high, so maybe I'm dodging the really bad part.

So I thought, what the heck, I'll try a short, low intensity run, and see how it goes. And it felt great. I found that all-day pace that just carried me through five and a half km in no time. Wonderful. Breathing was a little huffier, but that's not surprising. Just another great run, at a pace that felt I could have kept at for hours.

Today's run:
Distance: 5.48 km. Time: 36.00. Speed: 9.1 kph.
Rest distance: 314.6 m. Rest time: 3:21.
Total distance: 6.49 km. Total time: 40:10.

Weather: Cloudy and 1C. Quite nice out actually. Barely any breeze, so just wore a technical tee and a sweatshirt over.

Wildlife: Actually saw something, but it was on the way out of the park after the run. A coyote trotted across the road into the big parking lot. He stopped to watch me as I stopped to watch him. Beautiful animal, even if he has a bad rep.

No comments: