Sunday, January 02, 2005

First Run of the Year

Wasn't going to go today, but I was working on stuff that was getting frustrating, and I was getting jumpy. So, what the heck, a run will clear the mind. It turned out to be a rather lovely day for it, even though it's a bit cold.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.45 km. Time: 48:09.39. Speed: 9.3 kph.
Rest distance: 1.07 km. Rest time: 12:00.
Total distance: 8.52 km. Total time: 60:10.

Weather: Sunny and -18C. There was about 5 cm of snow on the paths, and traffic had done very little packing. So I was happy to have had a fairly consistent run, in spite of the path conditions.

My brother, Shane had a heck of a run in the Abbotsford Resolution Run - 5 km in 22 minutes, over 13 kph! I'm impressed. We're still waiting to hear about Wendy's run in Regina. A blizzard the day before brought them a pile of snow, and on race day, there was a heavy snowfall warning. No word on if she even made it to the starting line.

I seem to have caught the bug. I've signed up for the St. Patrick's Day 10K. And I have a list of other races I'm considering.

1 comment:

Shane said...

Let me know your decision on the Calgary Marathon. I'll sign up if you do (of course that depends on if I have a place to stay when I get there!)