Saturday, January 29, 2005

Post Cold Run

Finally got out to get some running in. I've been struggling with a cold for the last week and a half, and have felt ruddy awful. So today, I went out, hoping that the cough wouldn't stop me. And it didn't. I was OK running, but the rest part of the interval was when I had to hack a bit.

Speed is really up this time, and I'm not sure why. I thought I was doing an easy lope, so as not to challenge the congestion in my chest, but I was covering a lot more ground per unit time than usual.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.26 km. Time: 36:00. Speed: 10.4 kph.
Rest distance: 351.0 m. Rest time: 3:45.
Total distance: 6.61 km. Total time: 39:45.

Weather: Clear and -6C, lovely morning. The paths were a bit icy, but the ice wasn't slippery. Might have been a frost on it that gave it some grip.

Wildlife: Just as I started off, a couple of coyotes came down the hill from neighbourhood on the edge of the park, and loped along the path in front of me for awhile. Later, as I was backtracking to the parking lot, a fire truck was tearing down the street on the far side of the park, with the siren wailing. And all the coyotes started up howling. Sounded like a lot more than two of them. Very neat.

No comments: