Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Last Sunday

Beautiful morning, started out sunny, but the cloud was rolling in. And it was windy too. I wound my way down to the river and ran west as usual. This time, at Crowchild, I ran straight through to Lawrey Gardens instead of crossing the river. The trees are still not filled out but it's such a nice winding path along the river.

Across the tracks after a short wait until a train finished passing, and I found the path below Spruce Cliff completely clear of ice. L n K Maybe it has been clear for awhile, but from across the river the week before it looked like there was still some. Nice to get back into that part of the paths.

I crossed at Edworthy, and headed for downtown. I felt a little stiffening up in the hips nearing the bridge to Prince's Island, but was good until I started running through downtown. Every time I had to stop and wait for a crossing light, I stiffened up considerably, and it was hard to get going again. I stopped the timer at the last crossing light, and walked the last three blocks.
L n K
I think the GPS missed a couple of kilometres...

Sundays's run
Distance: 15.59 Time: 1:38:22
Average speed: 6:18 min/km. (9.51 kph)
Rest distance: 0.98 km. Rest time: 10:00.
Total distance: 16.57 km. Total time: 1:48:22
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Yellow 2). 

No comments: