Sunday, August 08, 2010

How to Ruin a Massage

Actually, I'd already done the deed the night before, getting out on the Glenmore Reservoir with a rented kayak. I started out aching across the shoulders from hoisting the kayak onto my car roof, even with the help of a helpful passer-by. However I met a couple of the locals while out on the water:

And this guy too:

The three herons were too quick for me, diminishing to flecks in the sky before I could get a camera out. And the jackfish lurking two feet below me in the weeds was spooked by the movement of my reaching.

The aches disappeared rather quickly after I started running, I think because I was out and moving. It was cloudy and a little cool, and toward the end, there was the beginnings of a shower. I did the mid-interval sprints again, for some of them. After five of those, my right hamstring was twanging. I hoped I would be able to run it off, but the tightness persisted all the way home.
L n K
On The Path, I got aggressive, thinking that it's only 300 metres at a grade of about 25% or more, like, come on wuss, go hard! So I did. Actually, it averages about 15% if I understand the calculation. Steep enough to wake up the calves, for sure.

Sunday's run:
Distance: 16.46 Time: 1:36:01
Average speed: 5:50 min/km. (10.29 kph)
Rest distance: 1.28 km. Rest time: 10:00.
Total distance: 17.74 km. Total time: 1:46:01
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Yellow 2).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bald eagle photo awesome, such a proud bird of prey.