Thursday, August 05, 2010

Double Your Fun

Or I'll just write up two runs....

Last Monday I was out for the long one, since I had other things going on Sunday morning, and Monday was a holiday. So it was a different crowd, and not as many. I think that may have been due to people being out of town too.

It was a pretty standard run. On the third interval, I tried a mid interval sprint, like I was doing about 15 months ago, running hard and really stretching for the middle minute. It always feels good to do that, especially after the minute is up and I slow down again. It does make the run go faster, although the way I've been running, it sort of put me close to my usual time.

Something I've noticed for ages, is how the path is slumping toward the river. It's like that in several places, but the worst is the half km or so west of Crowchild Trail on the south side of the river. I find I crowd the centre line to avoid feeling like I have one leg shorter than the other. The steep camber is kinda hard on the ankles sometimes too.

Tonight was also a pretty standard run, felt pretty normal and all. Lots of traffic out, cuz it's so nice. There was a lot of music blaring from Millennium Park; no idea what that was about. Maybe it's like when they're building a house and the framers or roofers have a loud radio. With the West LRT construction concentrated there, maybe the construction people have a radio turned up, like to 140 decibels.

Or it could be a party of some kind at the park.

Monday's run:
Distance: 17.10 Time: 1:36:34
Average speed: 5:38 min/km. (10.62 kph)
Rest distance: 0.94 km. Rest time: 10:00.
Total distance: 18.04 km. Total time: 1:46:34
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Yellow 2).
L n K
Tonight's run:
Distance: 10.17 Time: 59:33
Average speed: 5:51 min/km. (10.25 kph)
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Yellow 1).

No comments: