Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Run

Actually, I didn't write about Sunday's run yet. I did the loop again, running the path along the bottom of Spruce Cliff. There's still a goodly gob of ice covering the pavement at one point, probably half a metre deep still. The nasty snowfall we got Thursday had stuck to it, and it wasn't quite as greasy as the week before. Otherwise a good, nondescript run.

Sunday's run:
Distance: 16.88 Time: 1:33:10
Average speed: 5:31 min/km. (10.87 kph)
Rest distance: .93 km. Rest time: 10:00.
Total distance: 17.82 km. Total time: 1:43:10.

Tonight was like that too. I seem to be in a rut.

It was cool, a little breezy. I over dressed as I couldn't warm up on the walk home from work, so I was a little sweaty. The run felt slower tonight, and maybe a little more relaxed. I dunno. But as I often do when running, there were a couple of times when I wanted it to be done.

A surprise as I passed under the Louise Bridge - the stairway up to the patio around the parks office is gone. There has been a lot of construction activity around that building lately, and the parking lot has been fenced off and filled with equipment and materials since last summer.

I don't know what they're doing there, but they have some kind of drilling rig and a small crane sitting there for a few weeks. Goes well with the crane pounding piles for the Peace Bridge. And I notice three more cranes near the Millennium Park. I suppose they are part of the work on the LRT extension.

I noticed that too. Those are all mobile cranes, but the skyline still holds a few of the big ones on top of buildings. Only eight are visible now from the bluff. A little over a year ago, I counted twenty. Guess the building boom is over.

Yesterday's run:
Distance: 10.18 Time: 59:07
Average speed: 5:48 min/km. (10.33 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue).
Today's earworm: Near My Heart, Always.
Weather: Cloudy and 2C.

No comments: