Friday, April 16, 2010

Feeling Off Track

For some reason, I've been feeling out of sync. I'm still getting to the runs when I usually do, and getting back to regularly doing the 10 km loop rather than the 7 km loop has made a big difference. I suppose I tie myself to routine too much, but writing these notes after every run, while not exactly enlightening prose, is part of my running habit, and I've been neglecting it.

It's all part of motivation. Getting back to being motivated to run, through running the longer loop and signing up for a few races, helped. Now I want to get motivated to write more.

Yesterday's run was good. It felt fast for me, and it was. Everything was working reasonably well. The weather, well, it's reasonable. It is early spring still, so there's some chill, and that wind is still pushing at us as we navigate the paths and rails.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut, running the same loop time after time. What I think it is, though, is that there's people out there running the same loop. I think that's what draws me again and again to running the river. Changing the path I run might take me away from that.

Anyway, it was a pretty typical run, I'm running strong and that's about all there is to say.

The Banff Jasper Relay is coming up, and the company I'm working with is putting together a team. Stay tuned.

Yesterday's run:
Distance: 10.16 Time: 55:16
Average speed: 5:26 min/km. (11.03 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue).
Today's earworm: Always and Forever.
Weather: Sunny and 11C.

No comments: