Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Deceptive One

I felt totally slow out there, dragging and heavy. Dunno what goes on; maybe I should have had a lighter lunch. But my stats are pretty good.

Boy, is it busy out! There were dozens of runners and walkers tonight. It's so nice so I imagine everyone is getting out and enjoying the fabulous weather. It messes up the cyclists though. They actually have to slow down once in awhile. Only a matter of time before they hit someone.

The Stairs were jammed when I went by. I don't imagine anyone is running them for all the people on them, except for the rude ones who push their way through. Several places were jammed with people: the north end of the C-Train bridge, a crowd at the south end of the Crowchild bridge, just before going under the Metawa Bridge and in the big space at Eau Claire at the Jaipur Bridge to Prince's Island.

The Stairs were still jammed on the return trip, but I had The Path almost all to myself. At the top I was right back in the crowds along the edge of the bluff.

Today's run:
Distance: 10.17 Time: 57:36
Average speed: 5:39 min/km. (10.59 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue).
Today's earworm: Missing You.
Weather: Sunny and 20C.

No comments: